Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets

Article about: Hi here is my airtex tropical issue shirt and shorts dated 1942 i got them last week think the red is for armoured corp? not sure 100%

Default British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets

Hello, this is Stephane from Switzerland. Could anyone tell me which is the most representative British army khaki drill "bush" jacket in the WW2 North African theatre ? I think there are two patterns, one belted jacket with buttoned bottom pockets and another one in Aertex fabric, without belt and buttoned pockets on chest only. Thanks a lot in advance !

Default Re: British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets

Hi Stephane, welcome to the forum!

There are several styles of these jackets and shirts.

Personally I would go with the shirt.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Ade, thanks a lot for your reply ; do you know if full insignia was worn on those jackets and shirts (for instance divisional and/or regimental patches, sgt stripes, etc...) ?

Rank insignia was always worn.

Unit insignia was worn less often. Sometimes worn as a "slip on" insignia on the shoulder straps.

Cheers, Ade.

Here is one of my KD jackets, an American made "War Aid" example made in HBT fabric:

British Khaki Drill jacket: US made

Cheers, Ade.

Another one from my collection. This one is an Officers jacket, rank of Captain.

No markings or labels as it is a private purchase item. Just the odd laundry mark. Most likely made in the Middle or Far East.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets   British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets  

Another one of mine. This is an issue example made from "Airtex" fabric. The label is very faded but it is dated 1943.

Badged to a Capt in the 44th Indian Airborne Div. The insignia is fitted on press stud fasteners. Please ignore the wings as these are a replacement repro set as the originals were missing when I bought the jacket.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets   British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets  

Heres a couple from my collection:

First two photos are of a RAMC Majors grouping, and the second pic is a Pay corps captains tunic.

I have a few more KD tunics in a box somewhere and they areall different. I will dig them out and post some photos.

British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets  

Some more KD uniform items from my collection:

A bush jacket and trouser grouping, sadly no belt (probably indian made)
    Royal engineers captains tunic
    Royal artillery tunic
    South Stafs two pocket tunic (pre ww2?)

British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets   British WW2 Khaki Drill Bush Jackets  

Gorgeous ! Thanks a lot for your photos ! Hats off ! Ade, I was considering to buy the same jacket as your Indian Airborne one, though I thought this pattern was not worn by officers but rather enlisted men. Cheers, Stephane.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast