MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

C & Co high Anklets 1944

Article about: Hi All, I picked these up at the weekend and so far I have not been able to find anything out about them as I have never seen long anklets before. Made by C & Co with 4 buckles and leath

Default C & Co high Anklets 1944

Hi All,
    I picked these up at the weekend and so far I have not been able to find anything out about them as I have never seen long anklets before.
    Made by C & Co with 4 buckles and leather straps which were green at one time.

To who and where were they issued ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture C & Co high Anklets 1944   C & Co high Anklets 1944  

G'day,

These are British P37 gaiters - An easy ID for Commonwealth stuff is the broad arrow.

Very nice!

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I should of been more specific, I realise they are 37 Pattern style but they are twice the height. I can find no reference to them in my books. I know there was a 44 pattern high gaiter but that was similar to the US style with a replaceable underfoot strap.

Yes I have never seen any this size. Very interesting!

Despatch/motorcycle riders' gaiters?

The RN and marines often use gaiters of a higher pattern than that used by the army.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Would likely be in RN grey/white though.

I had a job lot of these a few years back, they are Naval gaiters.

?

I have some of these that are marked pre-war and are A/M..but I think they lace up, I cannot remember and they are buried right now.

Dean O

Thanks again to everyone for all their thoughts. The Navy and AM ones that I find online all have the lace up and straps top and bottom but maybe this is just how one manufacturer did it.

They are certainly well worn and have undergone period repairs and the leather straps were certainly green at one time, nothing to make me think they had ever been white. I don't know if its a clue but i also picked up some 44 pattern bits and a mosquito net from the same guy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast