Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help with identification of Battle Dress Blouse

Article about: Hi all, I got given this British Battle Dress Blouse,just trying to work out if it is ww2 or post?,Its a size 5 pretty small. stamps on it are a little faded but i can work them out to be CA

Default Can anyone help with identification of Battle Dress Blouse

Hi all,

I got given this British Battle Dress Blouse,just trying to work out if it is ww2 or post?,Its a size 5 pretty small. stamps on it are a little faded but i can work them out to be CADE, broad arrow with APR. My take on it is that it is a 1950's jacket for the cadet's any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Dan

Can anyone help with identification of Battle Dress BlouseCan anyone help with identification of Battle Dress BlouseCan anyone help with identification of Battle Dress BlouseCan anyone help with identification of Battle Dress Blouse

It's a New Zealand one nice! can't make out if its 48 or 43
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-20-2015 at 01:27 AM. Reason: added text

?

Nice blouse and in great condition by the look of it.

I didn't realise how much there is to learn about Commonwealth WWII uniforms until I wanted to buy one, I always thought there was the 37 and 40 patterns only, the next variation coming in 1946. What a mistake to think that.

Did Commonwealth troops wear whatever they were given e.g. might Dan's blouse have been worn by Canadian, Brit, Aussie etc. or Kiwis only?

Tony

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    It's a New Zealand one nice! can't make out if its 48 or 43
    Wartime I think from the pattern.

A nice condition example and the NZ version are not so often seen.

I think they can be seen being worn by any nation and many BD's were produced to supply the British during times of shortages.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It should have armpit vents too ?
    I read the New Zealand BD's were much sought after as the quality of the wool was much better.
    Last edited by Roger M; 07-20-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Cheers for the info guys! So im looking at a New Zealand wartime BD will have to buy an extra small mannequin for it haha.Does anyone know what the CADE stamp stands for?

Cheers Dan

I think you are correct in the original assumption that it is for Cadet with a missing T. Apparently according to this manual the 1940-50's are very similar apart from the collar in the later Jacket which needs to be altered to the 'rise and fall style'.
    http://www.hrs.org.nz/images/kiwi/Ki...anual-2012.pdf