Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment

Article about: My recently acquired Battledress Blouse. 1st Battalion Leicestershire Regiment, 147th Infantry Brigade, 49th (West Riding) Infantry Division Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse. The wearer holds

Default Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment

My recently acquired Battledress Blouse.

1st Battalion Leicestershire Regiment, 147th Infantry Brigade, 49th (West Riding) Infantry Division Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse.

The wearer holds the Military Medal. Unnamed, unfortunately, but I believe that there were only five recipients of the MM in the Leicesters in NW Europe at the rank of Sgt or Cpl and two as Pvt.

The Canadian P37 was quite sought-after by those who could obtain it, being similar in cut to the British 1937 Pattern and certainly more stylish than the British P40.

I also like it because my Grandad served in 1st Battalion as a DR in Support Coy with Bren Carriers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment   Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment  

Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment   Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment  

Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment   Canadian 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Leicestershire Regiment  

Another stunning BD and I see it still has the cleaners tag in it, probably cleaned and then stored away.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great BD! I assume that many of the BD blouses issued at the end of the war, for the demobilization, were Canadian made, since it was not worth sending back all the surplus BD sets to Canada. I guess there should have been a depot even in Italy, in Leghorn, were Canadian surplus uniforms were left after the Canadian Corps embarked to France in the spring of 1945, since unissued war produced Canadian BDs could be bought for peanuts at the local flea market still in the early 1980s....

great Tigers BD, nice to see and thank you for sharing.