Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform

Article about: Hey guys, so I already had purchased this RCMP police unifrom, it was at a local auction, and there was no interest in it from the crowd so I stepped up. Not being overly firmiliar with diff

Default Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform

Hey guys, so I already had purchased this RCMP police unifrom, it was at a local auction, and there was no interest in it from the crowd so I stepped up. Not being overly firmiliar with different uniforms RCMP officers have I was wondering if anyone knows when the brown tunics were used or if theres a way of telling its service age. doing some research I havent found a brown tunic thats any newer then about the mid 70's. As well is there any collectability in these kind of items?

I know the 3 stars on the right arm indicates a 15 year service, As well as the marksmenship badge for pistol and rifles.

Any thoughts or ideas on this item, its collectability, and even its value would be appreciated. I paid $145 for the tunic and pants together.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform   Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform  

Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform   Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform  

Default Re: Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform

I know nothing about these, but the buttons look to have Queens crowns and so must postdate 1953 IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Canadian RCMP Brown Service Uniform

Ya, a friend of mine is an officer and he thought they were used up until about 1981. They dont have brown as the service tunic color any more so supposedly it makes these style a little more collectible.

BKelly
    ?

The brown Serge was for overseas traveling I believe. It is seen in the first episode of "Due South" fraser1.jpg Photo by fishuu | Photobucket