Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Clarification of British uniforms (UK, no Canada, Australia, India, etc., just UK)

Article about: All very interesting to me as the top item on my to buy list is a wartime BD, preferably a 43 or earlier dated example with an Africa -& if possible Italy- history. Sadly prices on these

Default Re: Clarification of British uniforms (UK, no Canada, Australia, India, etc., just UK)

I'd expect around the same time as the RAF adopted "Suits, Aircrew", around 1942-ish?

Default Re: Clarification of British uniforms (UK, no Canada, Australia, India, etc., just UK)

Hi UJ, yes, that is the sort of date I am assuming, but I have seen period documents stating that Canadian air crew were being issued Service Dress as late at 1943. But as for Australian and NZ Forces, I have no idea.

But remember that non-commissioned aircrew would still have been issued with one set of Service Dress for best, and one set of Suits Aircrew/War Service Dress for working.

This is a useful thread for anyone interested in BD, perhaps it could be made a sticky for ref purposes?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Done.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jerry, US Made War Made BD is the "Rolls Royce" of BD's in my opinion. By far the best quality.

Here is mine. Only the shoulder titles are restored. All other insignia is original to the Blouse. I got married in this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade, is it possible for you to provide more pictures of the blouse or any other information on it? It was originally badged to 21IPC? I ask because I am part of a group in the US that re-enacts said unit, and any information is invaluable, let alone an original blouse!

Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4