Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Complete US uniform grouping of local vet

Article about: this is another recent purchase of mine, its a complete dress uniform of a clarence c. compton, who as far as i can tell was in the philippines and was part of a medical staff... id love to

Default Complete US uniform grouping of local vet

this is another recent purchase of mine, its a complete dress uniform of a clarence c. compton, who as far as i can tell was in the philippines and was part of a medical staff... id love to talk to the guy but unfortunately hes down at the soldiers and sailors home and he has very severe alzheimers so its impossible to get any kind of interesting info from him. i cant find his family even though ive tried to look them up. it really is a shame that its impossible to cure something like that, because i bet he would have a lot to say.

this was a 100 dollar buy for me, so i got a good deal : ) let me know what you all think. ive got the dog tags, class a jacket with all of the medals, ribbons, insignia, and the armband, the pants, the service shirt, the tie, visor hat, overseas cap, and the shoes. i also have the tunic belt and the belt for the pants, which is nicely dated 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Complete US uniform grouping of local vet   Complete US uniform grouping of local vet  

Complete US uniform grouping of local vet   Complete US uniform grouping of local vet  

Complete US uniform grouping of local vet   Complete US uniform grouping of local vet  

Default re: Complete US uniform grouping of local vet

ObKrieger,
    What a nice complete set you have there
    Regards, Simon.

Default re: Complete US uniform grouping of local vet

A very nice complete grouping. Sorry to hear the Vet has Alzheimers, such a cruel condition.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Complete US uniform grouping of local vet

beautiful man! i love how you actually got the complete set. Thats rare to come by these days. I have yet to acquire a complete set from head to toe still, but i have just started the US uniform side of my ww2 collecting. It is very sad that most of these ww2 soldiers are quickly fading away and soon we will not be able to hear anything from there own mouths! There is so much to learn from these men AND women who served in the old war! There will never be another time like it unfortunately........look what we as society have come to nowadays! lol so sad

You got a very good deal.

Awesome grouping! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your comments! I got this almost 2 years ago, but I still have it. I think I will always have it, since it is so complete. I am looking for a good mannequin that I could display the whole rig on.

Good buy!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris