Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

curious battledress

Article about: Hello! I can buy nice battledress blouse, but i have a problem with that. I have never seen this type of battledrees. Look at breast pockets, collar and colour of wool. Blouse have a 'poland

Default curious battledress

Hello!

I can buy nice battledress blouse, but i have a problem with that. I have never seen this type of battledrees. Look at breast pockets, collar and colour of wool. Blouse have a 'poland' shoulder title. Maybe someone know where and when this blouse was made? I have only this two photos.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I don't know how to post photos, so please click link to open it

Best Regards
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 12-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Default Re: courius battledress

Here ya go incase the link goes dead.
    curious battledresscurious battledress

Auxiliary Territorial Service ATS; was the women's branch of the British Army during the Second World War. It was formed on 9 September 1938, initially as a women's voluntary service, and existed until 1 February 1949, when it was merged into the Women's Royal Army Corps.Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Post war I think, though the pictures are trying to hide that and make it difficult to be certain, but it looks to have covered buttons on the front fly and clearly has exposed pocket flap buttons with pleated pockets. Possibly a 47 pattern, but more likely a Greek made example from the 50's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

as far as I'm aware Defiantly a nice post war example of BD. Not sure on the pattern though

NCA
    ?

It looks to be stamped with the 'sold out of service' mark as well.Look just to the left of the pocket on the right hand picture.I agree with Jerry, its hard to work out exactly what pattern it is...one thing it isnt ww2.The pointy collar reminds me of the 47 pattern...

Thanks a lot guys! I dodn'y buy it

Best Regards