Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

D-Day Vet Ike Jacket

Article about: This being Memorial Day, and with the 70th anniversary of the landings in Normandy coming up, I thought I would post some photos of Vets Ike Jacket. I picked this one up while on my honeymoo

?

Default D-Day Vet Ike Jacket

This being Memorial Day, and with the 70th anniversary of the landings in Normandy coming up, I thought I would post some photos of Vets Ike Jacket. I picked this one up while on my honeymoon in the state of Maine. Named to Arthur E. Lowery of the 283rd Port Co. attached to the 5th Engineer Special Brigade, who landed on Omaha Beach. I don't have much info on him, but his laundry number is in the jacket, and the paper was in the pocket. All insignia is original to the jacket as found at the estate sale.D-Day Vet Ike JacketD-Day Vet Ike JacketD-Day Vet Ike JacketD-Day Vet Ike JacketD-Day Vet Ike JacketD-Day Vet Ike JacketD-Day Vet Ike JacketD-Day Vet Ike Jacket Thanks, Rob.

Real nice one great find documentation is extra special. timothy

?

Looks to be a nice variant of the British combined Operations patch ..

Link to British version on the forum .....

combined ops patches etc

Gary J.

?

Thanks, guys. This is my favorite Ike Jacket. Rob.

?

Fantastic jacket
    Congratulations!

Awesome jacket!!! I do have a question about the WWII victory having a star on it?? As far as I know no devices were ever attached to this medal and there was only one WWII.

Thanks
    Burt

?

Very nice

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Awesome jacket!!! I do have a question about the WWII victory having a star on it?? As far as I know no devices were ever attached to this medal and there was only one WWII.

Thanks
    Burt
    No devices were authorized but it's not uncommon to see them on there. My understanding is that most stories from vets who did attach a star did so because they "were there" rather than stateside soldiers. Many were a little looser with regs back then.

Sad the family gave it up but good to know it is the hands of someone who appreciates and will care for it. NH

Great Ike 👍. I truely love the set!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast