Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Denim BD blouse 1945

Article about: In need of some paint removed if possible, but otherwise in pretty good condition. Has a mixed set of buttons on it, though all have paint on them so they were on it when it was used for pai

Default Denim BD blouse 1945

In need of some paint removed if possible, but otherwise in pretty good condition. Has a mixed set of buttons on it, though all have paint on them so they were on it when it was used for painting. I have a full set of matching buttons and if I can get the paint of the jacket I might swap the mint set onto it. The paint appears to be emulsion so might come of in the wash, he says hopefully

Lovely clear makers label in it and a good size.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denim BD blouse 1945   Denim BD blouse 1945  

Denim BD blouse 1945   Denim BD blouse 1945  

Denim BD blouse 1945  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I hope the paint does come of and a nice find.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    I hope the paint does come of and a nice find.
    If not, no problem as it is part of its history, but it would be good if it does. Thankfully it is all on the front. A couple of more pics of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denim BD blouse 1945   Denim BD blouse 1945  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice BD Jerry good luck with the paint removal I have had good luck scraping some of the top layer of paint off with a razorblade tip to rough up the surface of the paint before washing seems to help somewhat.

Regards Mark

Nice one Jerry I think I have a 50's one somewhere? I have to make a note to try and locate it!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice one Jerry I think I have a 50's one somewhere? I have to make a note to try and locate it!
    I think the 50's version is the same as the later war version, whilst the earlier war version has a few differences, most obviously pleats on the pockets, of which I have one.
    Regards,

Jerry

baz
    ?

Was the early version with pleat pockets only brown or did the early green ones have pleat pockets? When did the green ones first appear?
    Thanks Baz

Quote by baz View Post
    Was the early version with pleat pockets only brown or did the early green ones have pleat pockets? When did the green ones first appear?
    Thanks Baz
    Here's my 40 one and it has both brown & green

found the 50's one

I have one as well that I'll post if you'd like.
    Think it's post-war though.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast