Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42

Article about: G'day All Here's my set for those that maybe interested V44 Victorian made 1942

Default Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42

G'day All

Here's my set for those that maybe interested
    V44 Victorian made 1942

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42

Again very nice set Rene! ... Just a thought I wonder If V44 was Dunlop's code? As the only pre 1942 dated maker marked ones I have seen are made by Dunlop.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Again very nice set Rene! ... Just a thought I wonder If V44 was Dunlop's code? As the only pre 1942 dated maker marked ones I have seen are made by Dunlop.
    Cheers Luke I figured to whack it up on a separate thread
    You might be on a winner there by Dunlop being V44, the pair are both V44 and the odds are on it hey?

AIF
    ?

Yeah mate the odds are there for sure!!

I have these old Aussie army issued black waterproof boot covers packed away here somewhere, they look like they go over an AB boot they have the early WW2 Dunlop label in them... Never been able to work out who was issued them but have always thought they were possibly DR related.
    Will see if I can dig them out

Quote by AIF View Post
    Yeah mate the odds are there for sure!!

I have these old Aussie army issued black waterproof boot covers packed away here somewhere, they look like they go over an AB boot they have the early WW2 Dunlop label in them... Never been able to work out who was issued them but have always thought they were possibly DR related.
    Will see if I can dig them out
    Hey Luke I'd love to see what you have there Mate, sounds like you have a junk pile of crap there too hehehehe.

AIF
    ?

Yeah mate sure do!! I just went to find them and had one of those rare moments when i found them in the first tub I opened

Will take some pics and post them... Wait out

AIF
    ?

Here you go mate... I have probably had them collecting dust for the last 15 to 20 years and have no Idea what they are really other than they are waterproof boot covers obviously designed to cover the tongue and laces of a boot.
    They could possibly be early post war also, I'm not sure.

For reference the last picture is of a tag inside another pair of Aussie WW2 DR waterproof trousers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42   Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42  

Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42   Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42  

Attached Images Attached Images Dispatch Riders Rubberised Uniform Aust 42 

Quote by AIF View Post
    Here you go mate... I have probably had them collecting dust for the last 15 to 20 years and have no Idea what they are really other than they are waterproof boot covers obviously designed to cover the tongue and laces of a boot.
    They could possibly be early post war also, I'm not sure.

For reference the last picture is of a tag inside another pair of Aussie WW2 DR waterproof trousers.
    Can you take some close shots of the snap buttons, might be able to date them roughly?

Very interesting shot of the trousers tag! looks like it's been over stamped with a 1943 date etc..

AIF
    ?

Hi Rene the snaps are just the typical brass WW2 Aussie snaps marked "CARR AUSTRALIA"

AIF
    ?

And yeah the tag is cool It is the same as the one in mine just the top with the tennis ball is sewn under the hem