Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eagle Squadron Uniform???

Article about: RECIVED THIS FROM AN ONLINE BUY SELL TRADE PAGE FOR VERY CHEAP. CAN i HAVE YOUR THOUGHTS?! THERE ARE NO NAMES OR LAUNDRY NUMBERS ATTACHED THANKS!!!! Also, I have examined it and all patches

Default Eagle Squadron Uniform???

RECIVED THIS FROM AN ONLINE BUY SELL TRADE PAGE FOR VERY CHEAP. CAN i HAVE YOUR THOUGHTS?! THERE ARE NO NAMES OR LAUNDRY NUMBERS ATTACHED
    THANKS!!!! Also, I have examined it and all patches and parts of this is british made. including the wings and ribbon bar. the patches look period placed as well.

Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???Eagle Squadron Uniform???

All looks fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank You Adrian! I appreciate your insight. I hate to be "that guy" but what do these usually go value wise? I cant seem to find many online to reference to place an insurance value on it. Thank you again

I have no real idea. I have not bought any US kit since 1989! Sorry.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The condition looks amazing. Nice addition!

It is not Eagle Squadron unless you have a firm name associated to it that is on the official squadron rosters for RAF 71, 121 or 133 squadrons. Even then it would only be Eagle if it were an RAF jacket with ES shoulder patches, this would be at best a 'former' ES member. There were nearly 5000 Americans in the RAF/RCAF so more likely from that transfer scheme. However I have doubts about the RAF wings, they might be bonafide period wings but transferees to the USAAF in the vast majority of cases wore a half sized RAF or RCAF wing on the right breast, if at all - not the full sized brevet. Many former RAF/RCAF Americans were not made welcome in American units, being seen as vaguely traitorous and suspect having served a foreign sovereign being recruited under the Clayton Knight Committee. This type of set up is often added to nice USAAF ETO SD jackets to enhance their collect-ability. Without provenance a jacket like this would not go for much more than a generic example, two to three hundred dollar range. The American aspects are spot on though.

However I would expect a USAAC Col to have a little more salad on his chest so the rank is probably doubtful here too, I'd expect something like a captains bars. former RAF types in the USAAC rarely obtained ranks significantly higher than their equivalent at transfer - 56 FG C/O Gabreski being a notable exception.

they actully would wear both sizes. I had this posted onto the actual US Militaria Forum and got the green light that everything is good and he was either a Trainer for RAF Pilots before the War or a pilot who did some type of mission with the Brits that earned him his wings. I am aware its not an Eagle Squadron pilots uniform now. But everything is 100% Period Applied and British made as for the ranking, I had found those at the same sale I bought the uniform. I also dont think they were ment to be on the uniform but I added them none the less. I agree with your theory there. I do appreciate the input tho.

Oh yes and one more thing on the value you assumed on it....It also sold the day I posted it there for $1500. Cheers