Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

early israeli battle dress jacket

Article about: im not sure if this is the right section so do apologise but just to share this british m37 style jacket ,issued post war to the israeli defence forces ,wether this is a home grown copy of t

Default early israeli battle dress jacket

im not sure if this is the right section so do apologise but just to share this british m37 style jacket ,issued post war to the israeli defence forces ,wether this is a home grown copy of the british type im not sure as uniforms arent really my area ,this has a mitin label and a few hebrew stamps ,im hoping to learn more if anybody can help ,many thanks james early israeli battle dress jacketearly israeli battle dress jacketearly israeli battle dress jacketearly israeli battle dress jacketearly israeli battle dress jacketearly israeli battle dress jacketearly israeli battle dress jacket

?

Hi James an interesting BD I am just chimbing in so I can watch as the thread progresses as I am rather curious as to the outcome.

Regards Mark

Very interesting James, i'm getting to like Israeli stuff myself!....

Nice interesting jacket !!! And it does as the label says look mothproofed!!!! I guess it has an interesting smell about it too!!!

?

Hi James,
    Thanks for giving me something to dig into on my lunch break. Nice tunic, I confess to know nothing about them but here is what I could dig up.

Mitin, looks to me like a manufacturer of military uniforms from 1950s and 1960s, if you do it the easy way and bang Mitin it into ebay, it comes up with a list of predominantly Dutch or Belgian made military clothes with the same label but in Dutch.
    Other searches throw up Mitin and a pesticide to protect clothes from moths, but the fact that that it is on a clothes label would point to it being a brand, so it is unlikely a locally made tunic.

For the date, I was trying to find out when the ‘Tzadik’ stamp was introduced and failed, but here is a link to a similar jacket, dated with the stamp, which would date yours at pre 1961.
    Israeli Army IDF Militaria : IDF set of winter/dress tunic and pants, 1961-62

Interesting stuff.
    Steve.

?

I've just looked at the label again, I should have done it earlier....top right hand corner, say 'Army' , top line is 'Size' -50, the box in the middle is 'Family Name' (I can't make out the name), that leaves 57 in the corner, which is more than likely the date.
    Steve.

Very nice intressting battledress James and as Steve said Mitin usually make Dutch and Belgium items (My Dutch P37 battledress is made by Mitin).

Matt

thanks mark and paul (gunny)i really liked the look of this one so couldn't resist ,thanks paul (austro yes this jacket has one funky smell and can confirm there are no moth nips presentthanks matt i did try and research the mitin name but as you can tell failed and nice to learn of there dutch and belgium issue too so thanks steve what can i say but a huge thanks for your help here in taking the time to research the manufacturer on my behalf and for your translation of the label too ,it is something i never could of done ,i truly appreciate this so many thanks 1957 is still quite a nice vintage item even if not from an early period as i first thought , just a shame there were no matching trousers to go with the jacket ,thanks again for all your help gents

?

Your welcome James, 1957 is still early for an army formed in 1948, and is probably the first formal army uniform in the IDF. I'm a bit intrigued by the triangle stamp, it's a strange area to have a stamp and randomly placed.

The three letter in the middle are 'Tzahal', IDF, that's the easy bit, the other letters I recognize but couldn't work out what they would mean. What I think this might be...emphasis on the 'think'....is a stamp indicating that it is military surplus or released from military use, the stamp being on the front and visible so that the MPs won't stop you for wearing part of a uniform while not on service. The top letter conveniently could be for 'surplus' and the bottom could be the grade, in the case a 'B'.

I can't find anything to back that up, but it isn't a unit stamp or civil defence, I ran it by the wife an she agreed with my theory, and I'm not arguing with her.
    Steve.

Mitin was a Belgian factory, indeed!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast