Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Full Manhattan Project uniform

Article about: hi I just bought this and im pretty sure its authentic however i have been wrong in the past and it has a couple of different names in different things which confuse me but besides that its

Default Full Manhattan Project uniform

hi I just bought this and im pretty sure its authentic however i have been wrong in the past and it has a couple of different names in different things which confuse me but besides that its a nice overall uniform. any thoughts or opinions would be very appreciated also if its a fake please tell me, also i should mention that the items that do have dates in them do have nice 1942 dates although some varying in month by quite a bit
    *edit I also forgot to mention this one was probably at the metalurgical lab in chicago if its original s the person i bought it from bought it in chicago
    Full Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniformFull Manhattan Project uniform

?

Default Re: Full Manhattan Project uniform

Very nice grouping friend.

?

No worries here everything is 100 percent wartime nice grouping

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

All of the stuff in wartime issue but did it come from one soldier? I see a few different names and serial number/laundry codes.

Fred

i was wondering the same thing myself all i know is it was all purcahsed at once from the same place and im assuming it might have been a grouping but all i know is he person who owned it before me didnt randomly throw it together

I dont see any problems with the uniform grouping.
    Looks great and in good condition.
    Its a cool find.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Please forgive my ignorance but what actually makes this specifically a "Manhattan Project" uniform? Are the uniform insignia related only to the "Manhattan Project"?

Update and answer my own question

Full Manhattan Project uniform

Manhattan Project

This patch was worn by United States Army personnel assigned to the Manhattan Engineer District during 1945-1947. Prior to August 1945 the Manhattan Project was classified and no distinctive insignia was authorized.

Now I wonder if the Red Army had a similar insignia for its A-bomb project?

BTW nice uniform
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.