Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"

Article about: Brought my Grandfather's WWII Canadian uniform out. He immigrated from England to the U.S. as a young boy. He came over with his older sister. He never became a citizen. When WWII broke out

Default Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"

Brought my Grandfather's WWII Canadian uniform out. He immigrated from England to the U.S. as a young boy. He came over with his older sister. He never became a citizen. When WWII broke out he wanted to join the U.S. Army but was too old. So he joined the Canadian Army. I never met my Grandfather. Have only seen pictures and have this uniform. My dad is gone now also. My how time marches on. We must not forget.

Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"Grandfather's WWII Canadian Uniform "The Essex Regiment (Tank)"

Great to see the rest of his uniform to go with the headwear shown previously. Really good that you have it and even better that you care about it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Anon, I hope to find out what his different patches mean on his uniform. Do you have any idea?

William

?

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Thanks Anon, I hope to find out what his different patches mean on his uniform. Do you have any idea? William
    Hi William

The red and white chevrons are service chevrons, white being 1939 service and a red one for each year after of continuos service. The crown with the AI insignia denoted "Assistant Instructor". The Essex Scottish is his unit shoulder flash and of course the rank is corporal.

Battle honours of WW2 were The Dieppe Raid (1942), Battle of Verrières Ridge (1944), liberation of Dieppe (1944), Battle of the Scheldt (1944), The Rhine (1944–1945), Northwestern Europe.

Thank You very much Doug.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi William

The red and white chevrons are service chevrons, white being 1939 service and a red one for each year after of continuos service. The crown with the AI insignia denoted "Assistant Instructor". The Essex Scottish is his unit shoulder flash and of course the rank is corporal.

Battle honours of WW2 were The Dieppe Raid (1942), Battle of Verrières Ridge (1944), liberation of Dieppe (1944), Battle of the Scheldt (1944), The Rhine (1944–1945), Northwestern Europe.