Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Great coat and trouser name and dated

Article about: I got that great coat with patches on each shoulder The Royal Canadian Regiment name to a 2nd LT K.Furry dated 1943 include in the lot i purchase was a pair of trouser name to the same soldi

Default Great coat and trouser name and dated

I got that great coat with patches on each shoulder The Royal Canadian Regiment name to a 2nd LT K.Furry dated 1943 include in the lot i purchase was a pair of trouser name to the same soldier. Now my question is i have seen some great coat and this one looks different from the ordinary one as the design especially in the back Private purchase ???? or Officer had different design ? i am trying to learn a bit more about the Canadian and British uniforms . And those patches were usualy on each shoulder and how can i tell if they were war time applied ?
    And the button are they Queen Victoria Button ??
    Great coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and datedGreat coat and trouser name and dated

Thanks

Default Re: Great coat and trouser name and dated

This is a correct Officers greatcoat. The buttons are the right design for the Regt. The crown is always this shape.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is correct - the buttons do belong to this regiment - formed in 1883.........

Welcome to The Royal Canadian Regiment
    Regards,

Steve.

I have the Regt cap badge in my collection, seen here on the left.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great coat and trouser name and dated  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My late mother's boyfriend was in this regiment - part of the 1st Canadian Division.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great coat and trouser name and dated   Great coat and trouser name and dated  

Regards,

Steve.

Great news Thanks walkwolf and Adrian for the answer and the link

And what kind of price the great coat and trouser could go for ?