Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Great grandads MP pacific campaign uniform.

Article about: Willc,Didn't sound that way to other members and myself!!You post with no photos and then ask for value.We are grown men here and glad to help any new guy,but your text is suspicious.I am no

?

Default Great grandads MP pacific campaign uniform.

My greatgrandad served as a USMC MP in ww2. Was in Guadalcanal, Peleliu, and Okinawa. My grandma has possession of his uniform(no pictures) but I was wondering how much it might be worth?

Some photos would help this matter.

We need pics.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Getting pics for this item may take a few weeks. The uniform is tuckied away in storage in her house and she is old, its hard for her to get it out.

Quote by WillC View Post
    Getting pics for this item may take a few weeks. The uniform is tuckied away in storage in her house and she is old, its hard for her to get it out.
    There are so many variations (and fakes) in this hobby that appraising an item sight-unseen is impossible. Items are often confused and stories become embellished overtime. Beyond that, condition is a huge factor.

I mean no offense here... The uniform belongs to you, and you have every right to do as you please with it. However, we see a lot of new members trying to offload family heirlooms for a quick-buck. If you are looking to sell, please consider that once this uniform grouping is sold, a tangible piece of your family history will be lost to you and future generations of your family.

Good luck!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    but we see a lot of new members trying to offload family heirlooms for a quick-buck. If you are looking to sell, please consider that once this uniform grouping is gone, the history will be lost to the future generations of your family.
    I agree wholeheartedly...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Your grandfathers uniform should be an honor for your grandmother to have.You should be ashamed to just want money for such a piece of your families history.Sick and tired of that what's it worth crap.Your granddad was a member of the greatest generation and please don.t ask anyone here to put a price on it!!

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Your grandfathers uniform should be an honor for your grandmother to have.You should be ashamed to just want money for such a piece of your families history.Sick and tired of that what's it worth crap.Your granddad was a member of the greatest generation and please don.t ask anyone here to put a price on it!!
    Agreed, well said.

The OP is 13 years old apparently, so disdain for him may be over the top, perhaps gentle explanation would be more appropriate.

?

Look forward to pics.
    Though a value estimate was asked for (difficult without pics), the OP didnt state outright, that he wanted to sell, so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt until info to the opposite surfaces.
    I further more hope, that one day the OP will grow to value the family history and hold the uniform in the highest regard, so it can be handed down through the generations in his family with no thought as to the monetary value. The true value of the uniform cant be fixed with a monetary price, as it is priceless and should be displayed with care and pride.
    Should it be sold, that part of family history will be gone for ever.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast