Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Greek Summer Uniform

Article about: This is my 50's-60's Greek unifom i think the stars are English style ranks that they used back then after the war so i guess its a second's lieutenant uniform hope you like it

Default Greek Summer Uniform

This is my 50's-60's Greek unifom i think the stars are British style ranks that they used back then after the war so i guess its a second's lieutenant uniform
    hope you like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Greek Summer Uniform   Greek Summer Uniform  

Greek Summer Uniform   Greek Summer Uniform  

Last edited by GreekMilitaria; 01-17-2015 at 11:35 AM.

why pictures are reversed? :P

That's a really nice tunic well preserved and getting more and more difficult to find, but the stars are not english style they look like this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Greek Summer Uniform  

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    why pictures are reversed? :P
    It depends on how you took them. Sometimes this happens when pics are taken with a cell phone or I Pad. I have turned them for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by giorgos p View Post
    That's a really nice tunic well preserved and getting more and more difficult to find, but the stars are not english style they look like this
    I think he meant that a single star was for a 2nd Lt, 3 for captain etc......rather than they used British style rank Stars.

And please note for you and the thread starter, they are BRITISH army rank stars, not effin English.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Indeed sir British, sorry for my mistake but i thought that our fellow said that the Greek army rank system was modeled after the British one which is partially true, because there are major differences between the two systems but the design of the Greek stars is unique.

Ok sorry my mistake but i guess that's why you guys are here with more experience and knowledge than me
    Also thanks Ade for reversing my pictures

Here is the picture you asked for GiorgosGreek Summer Uniform

We can now safely date this uniform from early 60s through 1972 now you need branch insignia and a visor hat!

?

Good to see there are more greek collectors (im greek myself too and new here on the forum).
    I also got a summer uniform post-ww2:

Greek Summer Uniform

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast