Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic

Article about: I 'd like to share with you a Greek ww2 Engineers' lieutenant tunic from my collection. It's a "been there" taylor made "No1" pattern tunic. "No1" British style

Default Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic

I 'd like to share with you a Greek ww2 Engineers' lieutenant tunic from my collection. It's a "been there" taylor made "No1" pattern tunic. "No1" British style uniforms were worn by officers post 1936 and were intended for service and field use. Most officers were using the "No2" field uniform during operations, issued to all ranks, though, taking care of their privately purchased and smarter looking "No1"s.

The two silver stars denote the rank of the Lieutenant, while the purple collar tabs the Engineers branch. Flaming bombs were worn on the officers' collar tabs. Buttons are bearing the crown and national shield. Officers' buttons were British or German made, the ones of this tunic were made by Assmann.

Regards, Giorgos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic   Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic  

Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic   Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic  

Default Re: Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic

Very intresting to see other country's uniforms.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

very interesting

Quote by gi0rgos p View Post
    I 'd like to share with you a Greek ww2 Engineers' lieutenant tunic from my collection. It's a "been there" taylor made "No1" pattern tunic. "No1" British style uniforms were worn by officers post 1936 and were intended for service and field use. Most officers were using the "No2" field uniform during operations, issued to all ranks, though, taking care of their privately purchased and smarter looking "No1"s.

The two silver stars denote the rank of the Lieutenant, while the purple collar tabs the Engineers branch. Flaming bombs were worn on the officers' collar tabs. Buttons are bearing the crown and national shield. Officers' buttons were British or German made, the ones of this tunic were made by Assmann.

Regards, Giorgos
    Giorgos,
    Class act, beautiful uniform. Not like the bus driver uniforms we see in the US military these days. The WW2 uniforms showed class and actually looked like a soldier.
    Terry

That is a well made, good looking uniform. The button manufacturer slays me. The sleeve cuts remind me of an Italian Officer's tunic.

Jay

bboi
    ?

Where can I find information on these buttons

bboi
    ?

Greek ww2 Engineers Lt. tunic
    Last edited by bboi; 08-24-2013 at 07:20 AM.