Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance

Article about: Hi guys, I know Ade is going to love this one. Apparently the auction house bought out the estate of an 809th Tank Destroyer Battalion vet. He brought back all sorts of German militaria, as

Default HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance

Hi guys,

I know Ade is going to love this one. Apparently the auction house bought out the estate of an 809th Tank Destroyer Battalion vet. He brought back all sorts of German militaria, as well as his own. Unfortunately it all got auction off seperately today, but I managed to nab his overalls!

Apparently in the pockets there were a ton of used M1 Garand enblocs, as well as a couple of other items.

I hope you guys like it! It is now one of my favorite items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance   HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance  

HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance   HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance  

HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance   HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance  

Default Re: HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance

Here are the personal photos of the original owner. Sadly I did not win these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance   HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance  

HBT coveralls w/ 809th TD Battalion provenance  

Awesome stuff.
    I would love to get one of these.
    Im getting more and more in love with US stuff.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

That is a nice grab. The clips,combo tool,soap dish and case are a great bonus. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks guys, items with vet provenance are always great to have. I could tell by his other items that he was definitely a member of a tank destroyer crew, most likely an M36 Jackson.

I suppose when the TD's roll in the Nazis go running. That would explain how he brough back so much German stuff. Seriously, the guy had a few trunks full.

Shame when auction houses split stuff up.

Nice haul.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I knew you'd like it Ade.

Here is a brief history of the 809th TD Battalion, taken from Wikipedia:

The 809th Tank Destroyer Battalion was a tank destroyer battalion of the United States Army active during the Second World War.

The battalion was activated on 18 March 1942, and remained in the United States until November 1944, when it was moved to the United Kingdom. It arrived in France on 20 January 1945, equipped with M18 Hellcat tank destroyers. It was attached to the 8th Armored Division on 9 February, and fought in the crossing of the Roer.

On 20 March, it was attached to the 79th Infantry Division, crossing the Rhine on the 27th, and was then attached to the 95th Infantry Division for the fighting around the Ruhr Pocket in April before being returned to the 8th Armoured on 13 April. During this month, it converted to M36 Jackson tank destroyers. In late April it saw action in the Harz Mountains, finishing the war in central Germany.

Nice buy, Mo ! That is a heck of a lot of en-bloc clips.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve! I am wondering why those were in the pockets. Maybe he just collected them because he liked them?

I second Steve's comment.....Nice buy, Mo! Militaria with provenance, like a sports car with the larger motor option, make you smile. Great find, Mo!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast