Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help to date this RAF Jacket please

Article about: All I can make out is that it is a size 5 jacket (Sizes ranged from Size 1 to Size 18). The date will be on the label just above the WD arrow or elsewhere. The maufacturer's name will be on

Default Re: Help to date this RAF Jacket please

All I can make out is that it is a size 5 jacket (Sizes ranged from Size 1 to Size 18). The date will be on the label just above the WD arrow or elsewhere. The maufacturer's name will be on the label too along with the size dimensions.

If the date year is not obvious i.e. on it's own in bold type "1943" or similar, then there will be a serial number type sequenece.

Try and get an in focus shot of the label if at all possible.

If you can type out the details of the label, we should be able to decipher what year the jacket was made. I'm pretty sure you'll find it is wartime. This type of jacket remained in service well into the post-war era but I would suspect this is a wartime example. The buttons would generally indicate a pre-1952 jacket.

?

I´ve taken better pictures. I´m afraid still not date or serial number on sight. Thank you so much for you help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to date this RAF Jacket please   Help to date this RAF Jacket please  

Hmmm, unusual but nothing to be concerned about. The date may even be below the arrow and thus tucked away - not worth unpicking it to check. I think you can be safe in the knowledge that it's a wartime period jacket and is in original condition. Value - I'm a little out of touch having sold my RAF collection off over 5 years ago but I would suggest £40-60ish so if you paid around that sort of price then you did okay. An aircrew one would sell for up to £100-150.

?

I payed 40 quid in a chairity shop. They told me It belonged to the father of somebody who had alredy donated many items to them (nothing related to the war as far as I know). The father has already past away and is the one who was in the RAF. I didn´t bater the price. I find it quite reasonable, specialy when people pay that money for a NIKE crappy cap .I´m gonna wear ... it´s there any restriction about it whing the U.K?

Value is always what YOU are prepared to pay. I've paid double what someone else might pay for an item because I really wanted the item(s) and I'm sure the reverse is also true. £40 sounds fine and I'm sure you'd easily get that back on eBay or the like so I think you did well.

Wearing it is not against the law so long as you are wearing it purely as a costume as opposed to trying to pretend to be a member of the armed forces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2