Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help to identify an old Navy uniform

Article about: Hi , is there anyone that could identify this old navy uniform? There are no id. tags or mfg tags, only the mans name.. we believe it to be early 1900's it is made of wool, or wool like mate

old collector
    ?

Default Help to identify an old Navy uniform

Hi , is there anyone that could identify this old navy uniform? There are no id. tags or mfg tags, only the mans name.. we believe it to be early 1900's it is made of wool, or wool like material. not denum. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to identify an old Navy uniform   Help to identify an old Navy uniform  

Help to identify an old Navy uniform   Help to identify an old Navy uniform  

Default Re: Help to identify an old uniform

Hello and welcome;
    not much i can say, exept confirming it looks Victorian to me.
    It might not be military.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by old collector View Post
    Hi , is there anyone that could identify this old navy uniform? There are no id. tags or mfg tags, only the mans name.. we believe it to be early 1900's it is made of wool, or wool like material. not denum. Thanks
    The blue wool Jumper and Trousers look to be a standard Royal Navy ratings uniform, of the type used from the 1900s up to the 1960s. After this they had a zipper at the front. Similar uniforms were used by the US Navy as well as all the Commonwealth nations. There were two types, one in blue wool and another in white canvas. Here is a pic i found online to demonstrate:

The shirt looks like a woman's blouse from the 1970s to me, definitely not related to the other two garments.

Rob

old collector
    ?

thanks for info