Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP Identify This U.S. Divisional Flag Armored ? Cavalry? WW1 ? WW2

Article about: Hi Folks, I picked up a very diverse lot of goodies at a recent auction. This flag in particular was one item that caught my eye. Ive had no luck on line so far. Any ideas? measures 29"

Default HELP Identify This U.S. Divisional Flag Armored ? Cavalry? WW1 ? WW2

Hi Folks, I picked up a very diverse lot of goodies at a recent auction. This flag in particular was one item that caught my eye. Ive had no luck on line so far. Any ideas? measures 29" x 17 1/2"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP Identify This U.S. Divisional Flag Armored ? Cavalry? WW1 ? WW2   HELP Identify This U.S. Divisional Flag Armored ? Cavalry? WW1 ? WW2  

Default Re: HELP Identify This U.S. Divisional Flag Armored ? Cavalry? WW1 ? WW2

Shame about the condition but that is a really cool flag. I remember seeing a similar example previously, but sorry as I can't remember where or to which unit it was. Post WWII going by the shape of the tank and it's gun with the muzzle brake, probably Vietnam period I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Re: HELP Identify This U.S. Divisional Flag Armored ? Cavalry? WW1 ? WW2

Likely 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment.

M Troop ( Mad Dog) - Recon

The shape of the tank reminds me of an M48 Patton, which was used from 1953 until I think the late 80s...

thanks for the thoughts guys ...good point on the muzzle...do you think this flag was in combat ?? Im thinking a yellow flag is not the smartest choice of color...unless of course you have nothing to fear...ive got some more items i need some help with comming shortly

?

Quote by Jammanna View Post
    thanks for the thoughts guys ...good point on the muzzle...do you think this flag was in combat ?? Im thinking a yellow flag is not the smartest choice of color...unless of course you have nothing to fear...ive got some more items i need some help with comming shortly
    Colors match 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment post WWII insignia.

HELP Identify This U.S. Divisional Flag Armored ? Cavalry? WW1 ? WW2

i agree and had noticed that in my search however the comment by a previous member about the muzzle brake makes me think later time period. On the other hand the material the flag is made of seems quite old