Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

help identifying a U.S. uniform

Article about: Hello everyone. I found some photos today and one was of my grandfather Albert H. Clapp. I do not know much about him but what i do know came from a member of this site. I was thinking that

Hi,

Nice set of photos.

Just to let you know that many Service coats (EM or Officers) modify them to a two pocket coat. I have a few examples, but don't have photo at the moment.

Cheers!
    Taka

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Hi,

Nice set of photos.

Just to let you know that many Service coats (EM or Officers) modify them to a two pocket coat. I have a few examples, but don't have photo at the moment.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Here's one I have Taka, for reference

Wow your modification example is unique René !

The waist belt closure is very huge.

Thank you for showing.

I have 2 CBI two pocket EMs (One 14th AF w/ bullion CBI patch and one with a U.S. made regular CBI patch), one regular EM (Cyclone Division), one no patch modified EM, one 1944 dated regular Ike. They are in Japan and I will take some photos when I have chance.

Cheers!
    Taka

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Wow your modification example is unique René !

The waist belt closure is very huge.

Thank you for showing.

I have 2 CBI two pocket EMs (One 14th AF w/ bullion CBI patch and one with a U.S. made regular CBI patch), one regular EM (Cyclone Division), one no patch modified EM, one 1944 dated regular Ike. They are in Japan and I will take some photos when I have chance.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Love to see yours Buddy mine would have been done in Germany as it has Prym snaps

All I have is this photo that I took last year.

help identifying a U.S. uniform

The one with a bullion CBI patch.

Cheers!
    Taka

great coats guys, thanks for all of the help and hopefully in the future i will have a new thread of my display. I know a little about Albert H. Clapp Jr. from the search that the forum member did but does anyone know of a way to find out exactly where he fought, and what division he was in. i have other info on him if needed. thanks again.

?

I'm afraid your Dad may have been mistaken, those are US Army uniforms, patches or no so he was in the Army. Though many don't realize it, the Army was on both Iwo and Okinawa as well as the USMC.

ok, thanks. i talked to him today and he said he was in the phillipines, japan, and okinawa. is there any way to find his unit based on what infantry units went to the pacific theatre of war? would it narrow it down?

?

Possibly but far to difficult a way to make a guess and that is all it will ever be. Contact the Veterans Administration and get their suggestions on where to look, have his full name and, if you know them, the dates of his service. Keep in mind that there was a fire 50 or so years ago that destroyed many of our veterans' service records. You can also talk to other members of your family, their memories may add some information that he has forgotten or never knew.

?

Do you know his rank, Warrant officers were often unspecified. Technical Sergeants and Corporals as well
    Regards,
    John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast