Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket

Article about: I did once have a war dated Swedish Greatcoat with identical crossed rifles on the collar.

?

Default Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket

Hopefully I have found the right place to get an answer. I got this wool jacket the other day and have spent a fair amount of time online trying to identify the branch and other information with no luck.

I have found out that the crown stamp and buttons where used by a lot of military branches so I started looking into the crossed rifle or muskets on the lapel area. This are sewn across the back of the lapel and believe they are brass. If anyone here can identify these crossed muskets from the 1941 time period I would really appreciate it.

stamped on the inside is a crown, 1941, 112
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket   Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket  

Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket   Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket  

?

Default Re: Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket

My first guess would be Swedish, but I might be wrong.

Mike

?

I tried searching google for swedish infantry and swedish insignia with no luck on finding a match

The jacket is definitely Swedish, the triple crown buttons confirm that.

Rob

Quote by LauraG View Post
    I tried searching google for swedish infantry and swedish insignia with no luck on finding a match
    I found it on wikipedia after googling "swedish army insignis". Swedish infantry

Rob

Hi Laura,

It appears to be a Swedish M39 Army tunic. Does it have 2 pockets on the back?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

yes it has two pockets on the back. here are a few more pics, when i searched for the jacket the few images i found seemed a tad different inside look, this one has a beige liner in it

?

here are those pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket   Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket  

Help with identifying a WWII wool jacket  

Just a post to welcome you to the forum.

I can confirm the guys are correct.

I have converted several of these into German style tunics for re-enactment use some 30 odd years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast