Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )

Article about: Hi, I need help please with this particular manufacture of army clothing. The name is ARTHUR MILLER. Are they possibly a WW2 ? British clothing maker of BD's & Denison's and General coat

?

Default Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )

Hi, I need help please with this particular manufacture of army clothing. The name is ARTHUR MILLER.
    Are they possibly a WW2 ? British clothing maker of BD's & Denison's and General coats etc.

Any help and more information would be most appreciated thank you.

Here I have also placed makers of WW2 and Post war clothing .Hope you can add more makers to the list. Mostly from UK. If I have made any mistakes please let me know so I can correct .

Black & Co (Clothiers) Ltd Glasgow
    Bradbury (Winsford) Ltd
    Chas Williams & Co
    Clifford Williams & Sons Ltd
    Cohen & Co
    Cohen & Wilks Ltd
    D FIELDMAN & Co
    Denham (1933) Ltd
    Dunlop Rubber Co Ltd
    Geo Davis Ltd ( Post war )
    George Davis Ltd ( Post war )
    H Edgard & Sons Ltd
    H Lottery & Co Ltd
    John Gordon
    J Compton, sons & Webb, Ltd London
    J Hepworth & Son Ltd
    JAMES A STEWART DUNMURRY
    John Hammond & Co (1922) Ltd
    M & N Horne Ltd
    M Brown and Co
    Montague Burton LEEDS
    R O F Chorley
    Redman bros
    S Simpson Ltd
    Star Mfg.Co.(B)Ltd Belfast
    Stark Brothers (Salford) Ltd
    The Ideal Clothiers Ltd Wellingborough
    the REGO clothiers ltd
    The West Auckland clothing co ltd
    Town Taylor
    W & M Boothman

Cheer's Mark.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-02-2011 at 03:31 AM.

?

Default Re: Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )

It is H. Edgard & Sons. Add the "d" at the end. I have a WWII RAF Officers Greatcoat of theirs.
    Also you can add Gieves, Ltd. I also have one of their RAF Officers 1946 issue Greatcoats.

Cheers

Default Re: Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )

You can add;

Wareings (N'ton) Ltd, Parkinson Ltd or Parkinson (Walsall) Ltd, A.Whyman Ltd, L.Silberston and Sons, P.Frankenstein and Sons Ltd, A.Raven and Co Ltd, S.L.and N.Feathers Ltd, C.W.S. Ltd and Kangol

All WW2 manufacturers

Another for you.

Do you just want issue makers or private purchase items bought by Officers from tailors?

I would recommend you put in brackets at the side of each maker what they were known to produce.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A few more for you all from my wife's collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )   Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )  

Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )   Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )  

Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )   Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )  

Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not in my collection, but the coolest maker name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please with a WW2 British Army Clothing Manufacturer ( ARTHUR MILLER )  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Supak Manufacturing Co Ltd

Another BD maker plus a an Officers cap maker can be seen here in one of Lez's threads:

ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group

Cheers, Ade.

Hawkes & co, high class military outfitters.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.