Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

Article about: Ohh, i had thought he said he was looking at it. I thought he was looking at buying that jacket, and since it does now belong to him, Carlson77 if you need any help with putting that into pr

Default Re: HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Umm, i dont like this, the patches are way too low, as they should be 1/2 inch from the shoulder seam, not like they are on both sides.

The medical pin stuck into the 82nd patch does not belong there, that is an officers grade pin, and this is an NCO SERGEANT ranking jacket, and the jump wings should have a oval under there, and not placed on the jacket.

If i ever had a troop walking around with his Class A jacket that way, he would NOT be an Sgt. anymore.

Some one that does not crap about the military set that up, with the intentions of trying to rip someone off.

We have regulations in the military, and that jacket would never pass any of them.

Brian
    I have seen alot of airborne uniform with all original items on them but are really put on yesterday to sell them for high prices.

And who ever did that one does NOT KNOW SHIT about military uniforms.

There is no uniformity in this jacket at all, a soldier would never put a lapel pin in their unit patch, like that was done.

If you look at the unit patch, and the combat patch, there is a big difference in distance from the top shoulder seam on each patch, NO IS NO UNIFORMITY ON THIS JACKET AT ALL.

And there is no way to know who this belonged to, unless it was marked on the inside, and i know for fact, NCO/EM's dont do that, My whole time in the military, we never marked our Class A jackets..

Brian

There is no uniformity in this jacket at all, a soldier would never put a lapel pin in their unit patch, like that was done.

If you look at the unit patch, and the combat patch, there is a big difference in distance from the top shoulder seam on each patch, NO IS NO UNIFORMITY ON THIS JACKET AT ALL.

And there is no way to know who this belonged to, unless it was marked on the inside, and i know for fact, NCO/EM's dont do that, My whole time in the military, we never marked our Class A jackets..

Brian
    You are right,this is how expert know how to tell fake we know better than the fake artist out there.Who do not know crap about the military history.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    You are right,this is how expert know how to tell fake we know better than the fake artist out there.Who do not know crap about the military history.
    Very true, So much wrong with this jacket...

Brian

I agree 100% with blackheart, unit patches are much too low and because of that the Buck Sergeant stripes are about elbow height, totally wrong, put together by someone who doesn't have a clue. As for all the other embellishments, just plain wrong. John

Umm, i dont like this, the patches are way too low, as they should be 1/2 inch from the shoulder seam, not like they are on both sides.

The medical pin stuck into the 82nd patch does not belong there, that is an officers grade pin, and this is an NCO SERGEANT ranking jacket, and the jump wings should have a oval under there, and not placed on the jacket.

If i ever had a troop walking around with his Class A jacket that way, he would NOT be an Sgt. anymore.

Some one that does not crap about the military set that up, with the intentions of trying to rip someone off.

We have regulations in the military, and that jacket would never pass any of them.

Brian
    Brian,
    Don't hold back, tell us what you think.
    I concur with with you assesment on this tunic. The patches are sewn on wrong and the addition of all the collar insignia to various places on the uniform would have got you killed if worn while still in the division. I say that because I spent a good bit of my career in the 82nd and to wear an unauthorized uniform was strictly forbidden both by regulation and by pride in the division and the uniform. Simply was not done. As for the marks in the uniform, most likely laundry marks.
    Terry

Brian
    Brian is correct about these patches being too low, and also
    about the lack of an 82nd Div. para oval.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It will be a real shame to see this jacket pop back up, after we have said what is wrong with it, and they use what we have said ti fix their mistakes, and sell it as an original to someone for an crazy price, and that would put this as manufactured fake using original insignia, is what i think its called.

Seeing stuff like that really makes me mad also, considering i was with the 82nd on my last tour in Iraq, here is my coin i was given to me, and some of my other coins from my multiple tours over there.

That is a Commanders, CSM coin, for the convoy ops we did.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform   HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform  

HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform  

I haven't said it yet, but here is as good a place as any !

Thank you for your service, Brian.

I am not an American, but it doesn't matter.
    I respect all servicemen and women for helping us 'regular folk'
    to continue to live in peace and relative freedom.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by carlson77 View Post
    Also has the overseas cap with medical corp piping. At some point he affixed medic pins to the 82nd patch and airborne glider patch on the cap, I left them there. Came from estate sale.

Carlson77, you can alter your jacket to make it conform to regs,
    and it will still be a nice addition to your collection.
    We all have pieces that are not complete
    or incorrect in certain ways.

Estate sales can be good places to find bargains,
    so hopefully you got it for a decent price.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast