Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

Article about: Ohh, i had thought he said he was looking at it. I thought he was looking at buying that jacket, and since it does now belong to him, Carlson77 if you need any help with putting that into pr

Default Re: HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

Ohh, i had thought he said he was looking at it.

I thought he was looking at buying that jacket, and since it does now belong to him, Carlson77 if you need any help with putting that into proper regs, let me know, as i can help you with info needed for putting it into the proper regs, and you will see that it will look much better then it does now.

Brian

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I haven't said it yet, but here is as good a place as any !

Thank you for your service, Brian.

I am not an American, but it doesn't matter.
    I respect all servicemen and women for helping us 'regular folk'
    to continue to live in peace and relative freedom.
    Thanks for saying so, much appreciated.

My favorite old time joke is, the one where an American GI is in France, and he is trying to have a nice dinner, and gets a cocky, arrogant french waiter, that does not like Americans, and the GI says to him ;

" Sprechen Sie kein Englisch "

And the French waiter looks at him in disgust, and the American GI ask him the same question again ;

" Sprechen Sie kein Englisch "

And the French waiter said , No I DONT SPEAK GERMAN, I speak French, and the American GI said to the French waiter,

" YOUR WELCOME "

That is an all time classic...

Brian

?

hahahaha I love that line man! i heard that a while ago and have forgotten it until you brought it up! haha thanks for the laugh. Also thank you for your service, as i had many friends who served in Iraqi Freedom as well. I have spoken first hand to a close friend who was in a unit that cleared mines and said he saw horrors he will never forget. Especially from Ieds in Humvees be4 they armored the bottoms and doors. He took photos even tho he said it was not allowed during his tour/stay in the early 2000's. My hat goes off to you.

As for the jacket, i noticed a couple things a little "off" about it, but the patches being too low didnt even catch my eye! good call blackheart

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    hahahaha I love that line man! i heard that a while ago and have forgotten it until you brought it up! haha thanks for the laugh. Also thank you for your service, as i had many friends who served in Iraqi Freedom as well. I have spoken first hand to a close friend who was in a unit that cleared mines and said he saw horrors he will never forget. Especially from Ieds in Humvees be4 they armored the bottoms and doors. He took photos even tho he said it was not allowed during his tour/stay in the early 2000's. My hat goes off to you.

As for the jacket, i noticed a couple things a little "off" about it, but the patches being too low didnt even catch my eye! good call blackheart

Yeah, i did convoy ops/ convoy security on all of my time in Iraq, so we saw the IED's on a daily basis, and i was hit by smaller ones, and it was an double 155 EVP that took out my HUMVEE i was in, that ended my military career.

We had a device that was on our HUMVEE's that was the reason why i'm alive today, I cannot say what it is, or what it is called, as I'm not sure if it has been de-classfied yet for general knowledge, I can tell you that it is designed to take majority of the blast, while the cab dept. of the HUMVEE only recieves a small portion of the blast,shrapnel,road debris', and such...

So, yeah we saw a lot of shit, it was the morons on the sides of the MSR's that would fire AK rounds at us, and it was always tracer rounds, and those were to easy to just swing the 50 , or MK 19 around on where they was coming from, and they usually would stop without any more incidents at all.

besides all of that bullshit, it was loads of fun...

Brian

Can someone give me a link to a website where you can put in a Paratrooper's name and serial number and find some info on him? Also, what is a good book on Airborne uniforms and insignia from WW2?

?

Quote by carlson77 View Post
    Hoping somebody here is better at searching the ww2 database than I am. I picked up an 82nd Medics uniform a week ago and am having a hard time finding who it belonged to. It has all the badges and parts. Jump wings, two stars and arrowhead, 82nd and allied airborne patch, bronze star with V device and campaign ribbons (3 stars and arrowhead on european campaing) and combat medics badge. Awesome uniform but cant figure out who he was. Here is what is in the uniform at multiple locations AB9486 I wish I could search the last four of service numbers. Thanks in advance for any help. Jacket is dated 1941 on QM tag.
    \
    How do you get to the WWII database please ?
    SteveR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3