Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with uniform identification

Article about: I am not so familiar with British uniforms so i am hoping i can get some help of any information this picture gives. I have this photo in a family archive and i gather the he is in the Royal

Default Help with uniform identification

I am not so familiar with British uniforms so i am hoping i can get some help of any information this picture gives.

I have this photo in a family archive and i gather the he is in the Royal Engineers by the looks of the cap badge and by the uniform alone that he was placed in the far east somewhere. Any ideas on the meaning of the coloured markings on his left side? Also it looks as if the collar has been tucked in, bit strange.

Help with uniform identification

Looks like Australian Royal Engineers to me or could be a Royal Engineer serving in the far east the colored ribbon above the pocket looks to be a medal ribbon

That is what i originally thought but the only relatives who went to Australia went well after WW2, the British Army i know used this style hat in Burma but i dont know about where else. British Military uniforms is not really my zone of knowledge.