Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I need help with this US Officers uniform

Article about: I have a WWII army uniform dated 1942. Sewn inside the jacket it says "Regulation Army Officer Uniform" From what I know, winter uniforms were dark top and khaki bottoms and nickna

Default I need help with this US Officers uniform

I have a WWII army uniform dated 1942. Sewn inside the jacket it says "Regulation Army Officer Uniform" From what I know, winter uniforms were dark top and khaki bottoms and nicknamed "Pinks and Greens" Summers were all Khaki. I have dark greenish brown tops with belt and dark trousers.

Was this a different variation or what? The only pictures of people wearing these were "Army Air Corps" butI need help with this US Officers uniformI need help with this US Officers uniform I do not know

?

Default re: I need help with this US Officers uniform

they could wear khaki or dark ODs with the jacket, it was a dark OD IKE jacket before that

Quote by dmbreit View Post
    I have a WWII army uniform dated 1942. Sewn inside the jacket it says "Regulation Army Officer Uniform" From what I know, winter uniforms were dark top and khaki bottoms and nicknamed "Pinks and Greens" Summers were all Khaki. I have dark greenish brown tops with belt and dark trousers.

Was this a different variation or what? The only pictures of people wearing these were "Army Air Corps" butI need help with this US Officers uniformI need help with this US Officers uniform I do not know
    more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need help with this US Officers uniform   I need help with this US Officers uniform  

I need help with this US Officers uniform   I need help with this US Officers uniform  

This is a good set of WWII US officers uniform. Officers were allowed a small degree
    of individual preference, ie: khaki shirts and trousers could be mixed with OD's
    depending on the CO.

The troubling aspect for me though, is that there is no lapel or shoulder insignia
    showing the branch of service, which means at some point they were removed
    or were never attached to begin with.

This also means that the jacket could be attributed to any arm of service one
    would choose to believe. The AAF is a better choice for most, as the set
    could possibly be sold for more money than a ground based officer
    - which is what the uniform actually is - especially because of the
    'invasion' arrowheads on the ribbons ( Pacific Theater ).
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks a lot!
    Just above the medals is the outline of what appears to be a long rifle? looks to be infantry badge. The shoulder patch was removed... you can see the outline of what was there but too faded to make out the exact design. The uniform is in better shape than the one I wore just 10 years ago though!

The badge would be a 'CIB' - Combat Infantry Badge !

If you can determine size and shape of the shoulder patch outline,
    it could lead to id'ing the correct Division - or as close as you
    could possibly get.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

This grouping makes me think of the 6th division.

?

the gaberdine long pants were used after the war and most worn out as the riding britches were easy to find