Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

To ID this USMC shirt

Article about: Hi everyone. I'm trying to put together a mannequin of how my dad would have been kitted out when he landed on Iwo Jima. I sort of figured out how to use my scanner finally lol This photo wa

Default To ID this USMC shirt

Hi everyone. I'm trying to put together a mannequin of how my dad would have been kitted out when he landed on Iwo Jima. I sort of figured out how to use my scanner finally lol This photo was taken on feb 16, 1945, 3 days before the landings. I've looked in as many places as I could find and haven't been able to find another shirt that looks like this one. I have a M1941 HBT, and have found lots of pics of the M44 utility shirts, but nothing that looks even close to this.

Has anyone else seen one like it? or have an idea of what it is? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Paul

To ID this USMC shirt

Default Re: To ID this USMC shirt

Howdy Paul,

I,ll take a look at a rack of USMC jackets I have and see if I can find this particular one. If I do, its yours if you want it. Its does look a little different though. Give me a few minutes to check.

Forrest

Hello again,

Just checked the jackets. Sorry, cant find that one. I have two that are close but they have three pockets not two. I,ll keep looking. Good luck, sounds like it will be an awsome display.

Forrest

Thank you for looking Forrest. I've checked books and on line and it almost looked like a few different shirts, but always close no cigar. It's the no breast pocket and flaps on the other 2, plus the one he's wearing doesn't look like it's HBT. He never talked about it, or showed me these pictures when he was alive. I have just about everything except for the life belt and the manequin. I'll have to start hitting up the local stores and see if anyone has some leftovers.

Thank you again
    Paul

?

Sure it is not a Navy H.B.T. shirt? They did do one with low pockets. Look on page 73 of Doughboy to GI. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I think you're on to something Rich, I don't have the book, but googling those images I found a couple that look just like the one my dad is wearing, even the buttons look the same!

Thank you very much now I have a new path to follow

Paul

?

I think I have a shirt like that somewhere. It has white marks on the back shoulders for identification. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I found a few that have been sold on ebay, so at least I know there were a few around, I'll keep looking and keep my fingers crossed hehe

Thanks again
    Paul