Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying Dark Blue BD Jacket

Article about: Guys, I have a BD jacket that I need help in identifying. The jacket is made from a very dark blue material in the same pattern as a typical WW II Canadian BD jacket with the single point po

?

Default Identifying Dark Blue BD Jacket

Guys, I have a BD jacket that I need help in identifying. The jacket is made from a very dark blue material in the same pattern as a typical WW II Canadian BD jacket with the single point pocket flaps, but the stamp on the inside is British. It looks to dark, to me, to be RAF issue. The label has been removed; its "shadow" still remains, you can see threads in the last photo. The collar has the twin hook and eye fasteners, buttons are black plastic, belt buckle is brass that was painted black.

Could this be a British Navy BD? Any and all opinions and comments are welcome.

Identifying Dark Blue BD JacketIdentifying Dark Blue BD Jacket
    Identifying Dark Blue BD JacketIdentifying Dark Blue BD Jacket

Default Re: Identifying Dark Blue BD Jacket

Civil Defence.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Civil Defence.

Cheers, Ade.
    I knew I could count on you Ade. Any idea on value? Are these somewhat common?

Fairly common, not sure on current values a bit outside my area of interest.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

not much in terms of value they do pop up now and again last one i saw was £80

tom