Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind

Article about: I must admit that I have a soft spot for Indian stuff. Indian leather jerkins are not my favored ones though, because they are unlined and usually quite scruffy in appearance. Still the were

Default Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind

I must admit that I have a soft spot for Indian stuff. Indian leather jerkins are not my favored ones though, because they are unlined and usually quite scruffy in appearance. Still the were quite popular with the Indian Army, therefore and fully entitled to figure in any WW2 collection. One of the leather jerkins, produced in 1944, has been evidently reused by a member of the RAF after the war (blue plastic QC buttons), another one, made in Madras, sport quite incongrous brass GS buttons and the last one is a "regular" Indian Army Pattern, again produced in 1944. Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind   Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind  

Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind   Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind  

Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind   Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind  

Indian Leather Jerkins: Three of a Kind