Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting 1949 pattern BD Blouse

Article about: Hi Guys, I mentioned this one is a thread the other week. Now I have some pics to share with you. Has anyone seen a 1949 pattern blouse like this before? I have never made any huge study of

Default Interesting 1949 pattern BD Blouse

Hi Guys, I mentioned this one is a thread the other week. Now I have some pics to share with you.

Has anyone seen a 1949 pattern blouse like this before?

I have never made any huge study of them, as I don't collect post war kit, but I found this one very curious in design. It lacks the usual pleated pockets and the fly front. When I first saw it I thought it was a 1940 Austerity blouse which had been tailored, but clearly this is not the case. Aside from the label, note the lower button closure to the waistband.

It has not been altered in any way and as you can see condition is excellent.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting 1949 pattern BD Blouse   Interesting 1949 pattern BD Blouse  

Interesting 1949 pattern BD Blouse   Interesting 1949 pattern BD Blouse  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Somewhat of a mystery, looks like a austerity pattern but clearly labelled 49 pattern and 1955 makers date.

I have seen some odd ones, but they were tailored private purchase for officers or Cadet items, never one like this one before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It has me beat too.

It comes with a conventional pair of 49 pattern BD trousers, wool Angola shirt and tie and an FS cap with RA staybrite badge.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No one else ever seen one like this before then?

Cheers, Ade.

?

I've seen similar hybrids but only on wartime patterns. It could be that they were using up stocks of 1940 pattern pockets or were making complete blouses from salvaged stocks.