Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Itshide Commando Sole Boots

Article about: Here are 2 recently acquired pairs of boots both with the Itshide Commando sole. Both pairs look to be unissued and are a size 8m and are WD marked on the inside of the Ankle. I cant find ou

Default Itshide Commando Sole Boots

Here are 2 recently acquired pairs of boots both with the Itshide Commando sole. Both pairs look to be unissued and are a size 8m and are WD marked on the inside of the Ankle.
    I cant find out much about them. The Itshide company was down the road in Petersfield and I believe made soles for Aircrew during the war and the soles for the Commando Boot.
    Minibrix.com - Wartime

The first pair are like the standard issue ww2 boots but with the rubber sole screwed on and the tongue is sewn up to the 3rd eyelet. These are not dated but are maker marked T&HD.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Itshide Commando Sole Boots   Itshide Commando Sole Boots  

Itshide Commando Sole Boots   Itshide Commando Sole Boots  

Last edited by Roger M; 09-08-2015 at 12:18 PM.

This pair I think are Cold Wet Weather (CWW) boots issued in Korea and the like. They are over sized so you can get a thick pair of socks on. They are also padded around the Ankle.
    Itshide Commando Sole BootsItshide Commando Sole BootsItshide Commando Sole BootsItshide Commando Sole Boots

Here is a side by side comparison showing the chunkiness of the CWW boot.

vintagecollector
    ?

Dear Sir, i've got a mint pair of 1953 dated CWW boots too, but too big for me (size 10)... Would you be interested in swapping them with yours? Thanks, Ben