Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern

Article about: Picked this up today on the way home from work, a fine example of the Jackets, Bush 1950 pattern, maker marked and WD arrow dated 1951, CLIEN, not a maker I have heard of. Goes nicely with t

Default Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern

Picked this up today on the way home from work, a fine example of the Jackets, Bush 1950 pattern, maker marked and WD arrow dated 1951, CLIEN, not a maker I have heard of.

Goes nicely with the 52 dated slouchie that arrived today.52 dated British made slouch hat as both are way too small for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern   Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern  

Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern   Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern  

Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern   Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern  

Jackets Bush, Khaki, 1950 pattern  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Nice shirt and Slouchie..The patch is HQ British forces in Egypt and the Med...in case you didn't already know?

I also spend money on old clothes that don't fit me!LoL!

?

Is,nt this jacket the type that replaced the KD, it looks to be Aeretex? if thats the right spelling, and was based on the Ghurka bush jacket

Quote by davejb View Post
    Is,nt this jacket the type that replaced the KD, it looks to be Aeretex? if thats the right spelling, and was based on the Ghurka bush jacket
    It is Airtex, if that is the correct spelling, not sure if it replaced KD, but seems likely as you don't really see KD much if at all by the 50's. It could well be based on an earlier Gurkha version.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by NCA View Post
    Nice shirt and Slouchie..The patch is HQ British forces in Egypt and the Med...in case you didn't already know?

I also spend money on old clothes that don't fit me!LoL!
    Out of more than 20 British jackets of various types, only one is big enough for me to get it on and do it up. Mind you a lot of the headgear I have is also too small.

Partly I think that the bigger sizes get reused, but also people used to be smaller than they are these days I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

I have a pair of 1963 dated 1950 pattern KD trousers...