Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Jungle Kit

Article about: Hi all, was told to post this here. My question; my whole hearted reason for this account was so I could open up a discussion of the different variations of uniforms and equipment you would

Default Jungle Kit

Hi all, was told to post this here.

My question; my whole hearted reason for this account was so I could open up a discussion of the different variations of uniforms and equipment you would see in the jungle Warfare of 1942-45 SEAC forces.

Any replies are much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Adam

?

Hi Adam,
    What exactly is your question?

Regards
    Bob

Thank you for the response. One of my more broad questions is: is there any information/orders issued about kit and equipment that the average soldier is to have with them in the jungle?

Adam,

I only know of American equipment and items but one thing that the US military has a lot of are Field Manuals. These manuals had detailed information about "kit" as you call it. I am sure that there must be some British/Commonwealth Field Manuals for Jungle Warfare that may have the information you are seeking..

I will look around and see if I can find out anything for you..

Smitty

?

Hi Adam,
    I don’t know how big a personal reference library you have, but I thoroughly recommend ‘Khaki Drill & Jungle Green’ by Martin Brayley & Richard Ingram.
    This will give you a solid understanding of the type of kit available to the Commonwealth Soldier.
    There are, of course, many period publications and records available for the British Army in the Far East, as with the myriad US manuals that Smitty refers to.
    Hope that helps,
    Bob