Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KD Bush Jacket

Article about: This Bush Jacket came with a Wolseley (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...42-a-557735/0I) picked up the other day.Unfortunately the label has gone, I thought it was post war because of t

Default KD Bush Jacket

This Bush Jacket came with a Wolseley (Wolseley sun Helmet 1942) picked up the other day.Unfortunately the label has gone, I thought it was post war because of the material is much finer than the others I have although it is very similar to some US War aid shorts I have but my War Aid Jacket is HBT.

It was not made with economy in mind as it has plenty of spare material with 2 large inside pockets and large flaps covering the button rings. Buttons look pure ww2 to me and the rings are like new.

Unfortunately I cant find my copy of Khaki Drill and Jungle Green.Is it possible this could be War Aid ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KD Bush Jacket   KD Bush Jacket  

KD Bush Jacket   KD Bush Jacket  

As far as I am aware, all the US war aid kd is hbt. As you state, the buttons are British WWII type, early war I would say with the revolving shank and rounded edges.

No exact match for this type in Khaki Drill & Jungle Green but half of the KD items I own don't appear in there either.

A fine circa WWII example and as it came with the pith probably circa 41-42 in date, for OR's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry,
    I forgot to mention it looked like it had a belt attached but had been removed. All the others I have have loops.

Quote by Roger M View Post
    Thanks Jerry,
    I forgot to mention it looked like it had a belt attached but had been removed. All the others I have have loops.
    Roger,

Of my three, one has loops -Scots Guards-, one has metal belt supports as seen on some SD jackets -RIASC- and one has nothing -10th Hussars.
    Regards,

Jerry

My KD's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KD Bush Jacket   KD Bush Jacket  

KD Bush Jacket  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

It's a variation of a Bush Shirt, not a jacket.

Quote by Poland View Post
    It's a variation of a Bush Shirt, not a jacket.

I thought 4 pockets and a belt was a Bush Jacket.
    Is that because it has short sleeves ?

?

The pockets at the bottom indicate it was a bush shirt. The terminology is confusing but consider that the lower pocket arrangement will allow this garment to be worn tucked into your trousers , and therefore worn as a shirt.

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I thought 4 pockets and a belt was a Bush Jacket.
    Is that because it has short sleeves ?
    Indeed, hard to see how you wear it with a belt as a shirt. My 50's one with the belt and 4 pockets is labelled as a Jackets, Bush
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KD Bush Jacket  
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Poland View Post
    The pockets at the bottom indicate it was a bush shirt. The terminology is confusing but consider that the lower pocket arrangement will allow this garment to be worn tucked into your trousers , and therefore worn as a shirt.
    I have to disagree with this principle.. The trousers or shorts were high waisted coming up to your belly button so I can't see how this could ever be worn tucked in. The lower two external pockets have internal pockets as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast