Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KD Frock coat

Article about: can anyone help with this, from what I can understand reading through a few other posts, is that its a 1924 pattern frock? it came into me with a lot of sergeants KD ww2 dated stuff. I know

Default KD Frock coat

can anyone help with this, from what I can understand reading through a few other posts, is that its a 1924 pattern frock?
    it came into me with a lot of sergeants KD ww2 dated stuff.
    I know very little about this area and im looking to learn!!

would this have been a private purchase? and when would it actually have been worn?
    The label is non readable.

many thanks in advance
    bananamafia

KD Frock coat
    KD Frock coat
    KD Frock coat
    KD Frock coat

Any ideas?

Hi these were worn in the far east and middle east ,They were issue items and have the removeable buttons to make it easier to wash ,This one could be from any date from 1920s to 1950s

Only just noticed this thread. As it has only two upper pockets I think it is likely to be fairly early and your date of 1920's might be correct, though I would have placed it earlier if asked especially looking at the collar. Did it only ever have stripes on one sleeve as that is something I associated with either Aussie or NZ items, I forget which at this time?

Cool item and I have 3 KD tunics, but they are all officers versions from Circa WWII and are private purchase, but OR's items would be issued as far as I am aware.

Can you show the markings just to see where they and what form they are, even if not readable?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks for your comments, i will upload a couple more pics tomorrow for you to have a look at, i just assumes that it would be 1940's 50's as the rest of the KD stuff that came to me is all dated 1942 to 45 and its all numbered to the same sergeant.
    when would this have been worn?
    but anyway, like i said i have no idea really, so i will put up some more photos and ask for your knowledge again if thats ok?
    kind regards
    Ed

A similar example from the 1920's, though it has a different collar and shape to the pocket flaps. The image is from the Great War Forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KD Frock coat  
    Regards,

Jerry

More pictures as promised, the stripes are only on one arm.
    Any thoughts?
    KD Frock coatKD Frock coatKD Frock coatKD Frock coat

I did some more research and this is somewhat of an odd one. This type with the two pockets continued in use into the early WWII period and the "mandarin" collar is usually seen on Royal Marines versions, but they had plain cuffs whilst this has the pointed false cuff seen on army examples.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I did some more research and this is somewhat of an odd one. This type with the two pockets continued in use into the early WWII period and the "mandarin" collar is usually seen on Royal Marines versions, but they had plain cuffs whilst this has the pointed false cuff seen on army examples.
    Thanks Jerry, do you think this may have been a private purchase? hence the unusual differences?

Quote by bananamafia View Post
    Thanks Jerry, do you think this may have been a private purchase? hence the unusual differences?
    The label suggests it is OR's issue version. Probably just a manufacturers variation, though if slightly pre WWII that might explain the variations as A Scots guards officers version I saw recently has the Mandarin collar and the false cuff. Probably endless minor variations for these, depending on date and country of manufacture, as my Scots guards officers example has the high stand and fall collar but no false cuffs.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast