Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Killing two birds with one stone BD

Article about: Nice BD! Were these denim ones just the British equivalent of a combat HBT jacket?

Default Killing two birds with one stone BD

Picked this up yesterday, which fills two gaps in my BD collection, firstly a denim BD and secondly a wartime dated British made example which was something I was missing. In the hand it is clearly dated March 1941. I added the slip on R signals titles as I had them already, though the buttons are not original to it as it would have had the plastic revolving shank type when issued and if I can get another 10 of them I'll probably restore it at some stage, though it does look good with the R signals buttons IMHO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Killing two birds with one stone BD   Killing two birds with one stone BD  

Killing two birds with one stone BD   Killing two birds with one stone BD  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Killing two birds with one stone BD

Hi Jerry, should be easy to replace the buttons. My mate Ian has them in stock:

http://www.sentimentaljourney.co.uk/...=40&offset=120

I always like the demin BD. Nice to wear too!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade for the good words and the source for the buttons. I have a load of the post war version but only one of the WWII type, so that will be handy to have them, even though I might leave the R sigs buttons on it as they do look good and My Dad was in the R Sigs.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice looking tunic Jerry, great stuff!

NCA
    ?

Nice early denim BD.Are you going to get an example of the later pattern?

Quote by NCA View Post
    Nice early denim BD.Are you going to get an example of the later pattern?
    Not planning to. Do you mean the post war version or is there a 40 pattern BD's as I have to admit I thought they stayed the same throughout their history without any changes in design.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Thats the thing..the only difference would be the date on the label.Ok then, try and find the british made ETO bd..or is that going to far?!!

Quote by NCA View Post
    Thats the thing..the only difference would be the date on the label.Ok then, try and find the british made ETO bd..or is that going to far?!!
    Maybe one day, but part of the problem is that I am running out of space, with the eight I have already a problem to display and to do justice to them. Saying that, a WWII dated British made BD serge or 40 pattern example will almost certainly be added at some stage.
    Regards,

Jerry

There are two versions. The denim blouse lost the pocket pleats about 1942. The button on the large trouser pocket became visible at the same time.

Quote by Unionjack View Post
    There are two versions. The denim blouse lost the pocket pleats about 1942. The button on the large trouser pocket became visible at the same time.
    I did wonder if there was in fact a Austerity version and losing the pleats would fit that bill, thanks for the info.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast