Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Article about: Thanks for the link mate! Although it just leaves me even more confused than I was to begin with LOL I wish I could just find some period pics of this style of uniform in wear...

Default Re: Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

A nice lot mate. Well done

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Thanks again mate, I'm glad someone is interested in this stuff

Would you believe the woman also had his passport and papers he used to get from Australia to America after WW2 but threw them in the bin because she thought that they weren't worth keeping!! ...That was really annoying as It would have been good to have as it is part of his service history

AIF
    ?

I forgot to add this which also came with the group... His Canadian Army discharge certificate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army   Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army  

Bloody good pick up mate and got to be a rare grouping with WWII Aussie and Korean war Canadian service. Good to see this kind of stuff can still be found. You have done bloody good on the research as well,I wish it was always that easy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

Thanks Jerry, unfortunately I have to wait until 2026 until I can get his Canadian records but his Australian WW2 records are available and I have ordered them, I'm just waiting for them to turn up.

?

Very nice grouping indeed congrats.
    I also agree that Korean war memorabilia is over looked and or over shadowed by WWII it is a very important part of are Canadian heritage and history and I have had the opportunity to talk to many a veteran that served in country .
    I feel it is important enough that I have been restoring a BD tunic to a veteran who was a X 1 Can Para who was a serving member of the 2 Battalion of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry .
    Thanks for sharing this incredible grouping

Regards Mark K

AIF
    ?

Thanks Mark I'm glad you like it mate! I just wish I could find a patched up Australian Korean war battle dress... I have looked for one for over 10 years without any luck. I originally bought this with the thought of reselling it but once I got home and looked it over properly and did a bit of research I couldn't part with it as it is too nice lol.

What do you need to finish your battle dress off mate? Any chance of posting some pics here?

Cheers Luke.

?

Hi Luke it is a very nice grouping I have near all the insignia I need now to complete it just missing a few more things a couple of more service and trade related badges,ribbon bar.KC PPCLI cap badge and as for head wear the Sgt. was entitled to wear his maroon Beret as he was X para and qualified.
    I will bring it to town to Tony the Tailor in the next few weeks to put it all together for me as he does nice work and will use some vintage cotton thread to complete the task here are a few images as per request.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army   Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army  

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army   Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army  

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army  

AIF
    ?

Nice one mate, that is going to look great when it has been restored so keep us updated!
    Because mine is a walking out uniform I wouldn't mind finding a period shirt and tie to go with mine so I can display it on a torso... No idea If they are easy to find or not as i haven't really looked into it.

Also do you know what sort of head wear would be worn with mine? I have tried searching on google but good period images are hard to come by.

Cheers Luke.

?

Hi Luke try this site here you will find it most interesting and informative
    (www.canadiansoldiers.com)

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast