MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Article about: Thanks for the link mate! Although it just leaves me even more confused than I was to begin with LOL I wish I could just find some period pics of this style of uniform in wear...

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Thanks for the link mate! Although it just leaves me even more confused than I was to begin with LOL I wish I could just find some period pics of this style of uniform in wear...

4md
    ?

Default Re: Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Great find,I guess every one missed that gem because they were looking for vintage car parts. I wonder if he went to Canada to join up because he couldnt in the U.S ?

G'day fella's,
    This is my only set of Korean War era Battle Dress.
    2rd Royal Australian Regiment (2 RAR).
    I to am seeking a shirt and tie to finish it off.

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

The set is a tad moth nipped and far from perfect but I really like it.

Brian wanted to display it at the RSL but I wasn't to keen as it's not complete. Hence the poor file image I took in a rush.

All the best

AIF
    ?

2RAR nice one mate that was my uncles unit in Vietnam! Although the BD is 1951 dated I would call this an early or pre Vietnam war battle dress as it has unbordered titles which came in some time in the early 1960's. They used up left over stocks of the 1950's nasho / korean war era battle dress early on in the war.
    An awesome BD none the less though and to a great unit I have his mate here I will post a pic up in a bit.

Also a shirt and tie will be easy to find you can even get away with using a modern poly shirt as they are basically the same except for the colour of the buttons, which you wont see anyway, and the tie is just those crappy straight woolen ones which look like they were cut off a roll.

Seen Luke, Cheers for that mate.

AIF
    ?

Hey Dave here is a Korean war battle dress for 1RAR... See the early bordered titles and commonwealth patches These things are as rare as rocking horse shit as 99.9% of them had their patches stripped off once the guys got back to Australia.

Finding one of these in original configuration like this one has been my holy grail item for the past 10 years and in that time I have only ever seen one and the bloke won't sell it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army  

Good info mate. Thanks a heap.

AIF
    ?

Don't worry mate battledress can be a mine field for someone who doesn't know a lot about them... One that was issued and patched up in 1988 looks identical to a patched up non bordered title 1950 dated one... Plus it is a very select few who really cares about or likes them anyway LOL

You have taught me something this morning Luke
    Appreciated cobber as always.

Any ideas on this one mate ? I looks like it's been cut off a BD tunic by the appearance of the fabric.

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

I have no idea as to era or who they were issued to. One of my mystery items.
    I only used the collar to pin the corner down lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast