Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Article about: Thanks for the link mate! Although it just leaves me even more confused than I was to begin with LOL I wish I could just find some period pics of this style of uniform in wear...

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Yeah mate it is a set of Aussie Vietnam war corporals stripes for the service dress jacket... If they are gold which I think they are, then they are for infantry and most other corps but if they are silver they will be for armoured.

This is what they used to use before they changed to the shitty yellow embroidered ones they use now.

Default Re: Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army

Thanks mate for that.
    The tress is certainly gold in colour. So were looking at mid 60's to mid 70's ?

AIF
    ?

Yeah around that period, they may have been used up until the late 70's early 80's I'm not 100% sure when they swapped over though, but Vietnam era for sure

?

Morning Luke here is a link to the Regiment you may find useful in your search for information regarding head dress there is one good image and one illustration there circa 1950/1951 The Canadian Medic who should have received the Victoria Cross)
    Regards Mark K

AIF
    ?

Thanks for the link Mark! Interesting story too, The pics confirmed what I had previously read that the unit was at that time wearing a mix of WW2 khaki berets and the new rifle green berets. Now I guess I should try and find one

Cheers and thanks again.
    Luke.

?

Morning Luke I have a large selection of post war berets as the rifle green beret turned into the Canadian army standard issue I believe I have a beret that will work well with your battle dress.
    Just give me a day to go through a couple of boxes and I will see if I have one that is Korean war era dated for you if not I am positive I have at least one from the early 60's that would display nice till you find a Korean war era example.

Regards Mark K

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyKorean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian armyI saw this on Ebay a while ago and bidded.. I was the only bidder.. I did offer another Forum member first bid but go no reply lol..

$21 dollars im happy

Australian Battle Dress Jacket 1951 Royal Australian Regiment Size 13 Approx 42" | eBay

Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army   Korean war battle dress grouping to an australian in the canadian army  

AIF
    ?

Mate how were you even able to upload a photo this small? LOL I can't see a thing

how did u post before i finished the post is more important lol ..What have i bought mate

?

Morning Luke I have had some time to go through my post war berets the earliest rifle green beret I have dates from 1973 I will keep my eyes open for you for an earlier dated example to go with your battle dress.

Regards Mark K

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4