Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War Uniforms

Article about: Hey Forum members, Before I can remember my grandfather told me he was in WW2 and Korean War and my interest grew since then, I have collected a lot and just wanted to show what I have and s

Default Korean War Uniforms

Hey Forum members,

Before I can remember my grandfather told me he was in WW2 and Korean War and my interest grew since then, I have collected a lot and just wanted to show what I have and see if I can get suggestions on what I need,

I have:
    M65 Field Jacket (I am soon acquiring a m43)
    M1951 Wool field uniform
    M1951 Shell trousers that went over the wool uniform
    M1 Helmet with correct liner and cork (I think...
    M1945 Field gear set
    GP bag
    Gas Mask Bag
    Dummy Grenade
    Jeep cap
    Haversack Contents
    Wool gloves, socks, scarf
    M1951 Winter Alpaca lined hat
    Some plastic button HBT shirt
    M1944 HBT shirt
    Russet Jump Boots
    Bandolier
    Service hat

I think that was all that was there!

Thanks,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean War Uniforms   Korean War Uniforms  

Korean War Uniforms   Korean War Uniforms  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Korean War Uniforms

looks like you have made a great start!May i suggest an M1950/M1951 field jacket..both would be correct for Korea.How about rations, mess kit, small pocket items like id card-dog tags(do you have his originals or know his ASN?)-rifle cleaning kit-hygene/washroll kit-fishtail parka..it goes on!

Have a look for S.Stanton's books on ww2 and korean era uniforms.Highly recommended.

More winter gear IMHO.

Quote by NCA View Post
    looks like you have made a great start!May i suggest an M1950/M1951 field jacket..both would be correct for Korea.How about rations, mess kit, small pocket items like id card-dog tags(do you have his originals or know his ASN?)-rifle cleaning kit-hygene/washroll kit-fishtail parka..it goes on!

Have a look for S.Stanton's books on ww2 and korean era uniforms.Highly recommended.

Actually I have all of those items except I am attempting to pack the small items such as the toiletry rolls and things in the M1945 Haversack, also my grandfather is giving me a fishtail parka that he used in Korea when he was over there as an officer in Military Police, the stuff he gave me actually got me started on collecting,

Also I have a M65 field jacket but I am defiantly trying to replace that, I do have winter gear too. I have the Hbt uniforms and the M1951 wool field uniforms with the outer shells used for extra warmth and to cover them,

I guess I also should have unpacked the haversack because that's where I keep my rations and things in,

I don't have his dog tags though because my uncle used to play with the old war stuff he had from WW2 and Korea and lost a lot of gear,

Thanks,
    Michael

You need the Parka withtrousers, and fur lined hood insert. Also those crappy long under wear. One item we called "Mickey Mouse" boots that were designed for cold weather. The 45th Infantry Divison has a great museum. I was in Korea in 1968-69, and found the exact same artic gear that I wore at the 45th Museum.

Korean War UniformsHere's one of the uniforms we wore ikn Korea in 1968, not much different than 1953.