Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the latest addition....

Article about: Hey everyone, just wanted to show you my latest leicester regt addition "Middle East Land Forces" unfortunately the FS cap is badly motheaten so i think it will stay in the pocket.

Default the latest addition....

Hey everyone, just wanted to show you my latest leicester regt addition
    "Middle East Land Forces"

unfortunately the FS cap is badly motheaten so i think it will stay in the pocket.
    I did also manage to pick up a photograph album at the same time, which i believe may have belonged to the owner of the uniform, photos seem to be egypt etc, but i still need to go through it.

on a side note, is this a p40 blouse or later pattern?

the latest addition....the latest addition....the latest addition....the latest addition....

NCA
    ?

Nice BD.Good to see original insignia still on it.

Yes it is '40 pattern' but if you want to get technical its actually the 'Austerity' pattern.

?

Where on the label does it say 'Austerity Pattern'?

It never actually says Austerity pattern on the label.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I've just bought one, a 1944 dated austerity pattern that isn't badged, looking at yours I think I now want to get one that is badged.

Tony

Thanks guys, i've been through the photo album that i bought from the same place and luckily there are some pics of the uniform being worn in there. i will put them up on here incase anyone is interested.

This Blouse label is too faded to read, so as for dates im guessing late forties due to the formation signs being post war.
    kind regards
    Ed

?

My point was that the term Austerity Pattern isn't what they were called.

Hi Ed, please post the pics, that would be great. Stocks of wartime pattern kit was used up in the early postwar years.

Hi Poland, I thought that was what you were getting at. This is the real problem with collector terminology. I am not fond of it at all and really try to avoid using it if I possibly can.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I agree Aide. It also confuses collectors who are new to proceedings. In conflict with NCA's post, if we want to get technical, this is a 1940 pattern blouse.

Sorry for the delay, here's what i believe is the uniform in wear from the album:
    and i even found his record of service tucked in the back! so now i have a name too!

I guess the 4 months service in the R.Leics explains why the uniform is in such good condition!

the latest addition....the latest addition....

the latest addition....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast