Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

the latest addition....

Article about: Hey everyone, just wanted to show you my latest leicester regt addition "Middle East Land Forces" unfortunately the FS cap is badly motheaten so i think it will stay in the pocket.

some more pics from the album:
    the latest addition....the latest addition....the latest addition....the latest addition....the latest addition....

Quote by Poland View Post
    My point was that the term Austerity Pattern isn't what they were called.
    But the term makes it easier for people to differentiate between the pre autumn 42 version which has hidden buttons and the later version with exposed buttons.

I notice with SD tunics the term economy is used to cover those versions with the "cheaper" pockets.

Maybe with the BD's we could call them pre or post 42 pattern!

On a very few occasions I have seen the term 42 pattern on the later versions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by bananamafia View Post

This Blouse label is too faded to read, so as for dates im guessing late forties due to the formation signs being post war.
    kind regards
    Ed

Manufacturing date would be mid 42 to 45/46, though it is not uncommon for it to have been used post war.

A very nice BD and great to see the cap with it and the photo album.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Sorry about the confusion!I didn't realise austerity pattern wasn't a proper term.As I understand the type with exposed buttons/no pocket pleats had a few minor differences i:e lined collar and either one or two inside pockets.Someone should do a timeline of the types....

My problem is the references can also be misleading with official/collectors terms.

?

It's nothing to apologise over, More of an ongoing discussion on nomenclature for collectors!

Most of the terminology we use is collector invented, as for instance there is no 37 pattern either it is properly called blouses serge and in regards that icon of militaria collecting the German steel helmet and all its M variations are all collector terms as far as I am aware.

More confusing perhaps is the use of the term pith helmets when in fact most sun helmets are not made of pith which is from a particular plant, but are made from cork or wicker or whatever.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2