Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Latest Addition - Early 70's Vietnam Era Named Flightsuit

Article about: Just picked this up, and I'll be honest, I love it. This is my first Vietnam piece (aside from my dad's AF stuff), and I'm hooked! Unfortunately the 555th squad patch is missing, but I'm sou

Post Latest Addition - Early 70's Vietnam Era Named Flightsuit

Just picked this up, and I'll be honest, I love it. This is my first Vietnam piece (aside from my dad's AF stuff), and I'm hooked! Unfortunately the 555th squad patch is missing, but I'm sourcing an era correct replacement to put in the pocket.

Here's a bit about "Burley Joe".

Known by many of his friends as “Burley Joe” or “Birdlegs”, he was a fighter pilot veteran
    of the Vietnam War where he flew the F4 Phantom in 350 combat missions during two
    tours of duty.

He was a member of the famous 555th Tactical Fighter Squadron which was nicknamed
    the “Triple Nickel” and also called themselves the “World’s Largest Distributor of MiG Parts”
    due to their numerous aerial dogfight victories during the Vietnam War. He flew missions in
    both the Vietnam Tet Offensive and Linebacker II.. Major “Birdlegs” Burley was awarded
    the Distinguished Flying Cross for action at the Battle of Khe Sanh; the Bronze Star
    Medal; the Air Medal w/12 Oak Leaf Clusters; The Distinguished Presidential Unit Citation; Air Force
    Outstanding Unit Award; National Defense Service Medal; and Vietnam Service Medal
    w/4 Oak Leaf Clusters. Major Burley was highly respected as a superb pilot and flying
    instructor. He proudly served his country for 21 years in the United States Air Force.

I'll add more pics if anyone is interested, but to be honest aside from the knife pocket missing, it's in awesome shape.

Latest Addition - Early 70's Vietnam Era Named Flightsuit

Anyone else collect Vietnam Era flightsuits?

If so, I'd love to see em!

MAP
    ?

Nice pick-up. Not something I know much about (actually I know nothing about) but always thought they looked cool!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks!