Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1943 Officer's Field Jacket

Article about: Guys, I have what I believe to be a field jacket that once belonged to an Officer based on the serial number; O-257964. From what I gathered on line, the serial number might have been issued

?

Default M1943 Officer's Field Jacket

Guys,

I have what I believe to be a field jacket that once belonged to an Officer based on the serial number; O-257964. From what I gathered on line, the serial number might have been issued prior to 1941. Can someone confirm whether or not this is correct? The Officer's name is G.I Miller and he beloned to the XI Corps. How do I go about finding more info on him?

As you can see, the jacket is in excellant condition.

Default Re: M1943 Officer's Field Jacket

?

Default Re: M1943 Officer's Field Jacket

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Thanks Rene. I tried your suggestion and I was unable to find any data pertaining to Officer's serial numbers, only Enlisted personnel serial numbers.

I also tried Googling his unit, the XI Corp looking for a roster but was not successful with that either.

Quick question; would a named jacket like mine have a greater value than one in the same condition without the Officer's name and serial number? Any idea what mine would be worth?