Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M41 field Jacket... original or bad?

Article about: Hi, here is a M41 field jacket that I would buy, but (before) I need your opinions. My doubs are that exist many and many repro (news, from 1980 repro, from Cinema ecc.), with label and with

Default M41 field Jacket... original or bad?

Hi,
    here is a M41 field jacket that I would buy, but (before) I need your opinions. My doubs are that exist many and many repro (news, from 1980 repro, from Cinema ecc.), with label and without label...
    The label of this jacket (in the pocket) is missing, but there is a very little part of it... (mising because was a fake label? or missing in a natural way?).
    In your opinion is thhere some red flag? Can I spend my money with confidence?

Thank you in advanced
    Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M41 field Jacket... original or bad?   M41 field Jacket... original or bad?  

M41 field Jacket... original or bad?   M41 field Jacket... original or bad?  

This looks a lot like the repro from At The Front that I just purchased for reenacting. I think it's a modern repro... just looks too minty.

I used to own several of these back in the 1980's.

Copies of these are now very, very good. I have examined several from friends who re-enact US Forces.

From the photos supplied, while it looks "ok", I would pass on it. I just cannot see any real age to it? These jackets tend to wear very thin around the collars and cuffs. The wool lining looks a bit too green in shade to me.

Let's see what others think.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank guys! I pass on it and I restart mysearching for a good m41...
    Partisan

I also tried post the jacket on US Militaria forum and it is judged as positive, what do you think?

partisan

One thing to look for always is the back side weaving of the hang loop.

It's one of the hardest part to reproduce nowadays. Same applies to M-42, M-43s.

Also the texture of the jacket (hand feeling).

The Talon zipper looks original "sharp high-heeled tip".

Two different OD color parts.

Of Note: Khaki is a wrong term, they are OD colors. (OD 3, OD 7.....)

I have two M-41s and one M-38 in my collections.

To me, this example might stand a chance...

Cheers!
    Taka