Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Field Jacket, and possible insignia

Article about: Hello, This is my first post in the forum, but long time reader. I thought I would start out with my first original uniform! It's an M43 jacket, with the date label torn out, however the OD3

Default M43 Field Jacket, and possible insignia

Hello,
    This is my first post in the forum, but long time reader. I thought I would start out with my first original uniform! It's an M43 jacket, with the date label torn out, however the OD3 lining leads me to believe it's an early version (I know a bit about it, but any information is highly appreciated) The lining feels like the outer shell of an M41 jacket, so thats what I think it is. While I was looking at the jacket yesterday, was looking at the left shoulder and noticed what i peviously thought was dirt, might be an insignia (which is painted, or stamped on?) The "shield" around the insignia looks like the 5th Army insignia, but it looks like theres a funny looking "3" inside. Does anybody have an idea what it could be? And is it original or not? (pictures below)

Cheers, Frederik!

Default Re: M43 Field Jacket, and possible insignia

Hi Frederik, and welcome to the forum!

Your pics are not showing at the moment.

Take a look here for help on the shoulder sleeve insignia:

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia of Basic Elements, Army Groups and Armies

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

M43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insigniaM43 Field Jacket, and possible insignia

Hi Ade, I just needed a little moment to figure out how I posted pictures :-)
    I was thinking it was the 5th Army (looked in GI Collector's Guide) because of the "stature" around the "A" , but I thought it was unlikely because it's not a patch

Good earlier issue M43 jacket. I used to have one like it many years ago.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Good earlier issue M43 jacket. I used to have one like it many years ago.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks again Ade! The early lining was what attracted me to the jacket. Any idea on the "stamp"? Post war use perhaps?

Cheers, Frederik

No ideas on the stamp, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Frederik very nice jacket . I was just given one the other day and you saved me the time to look it up ( mine is missing the tag) Gary

Thank you! :-)

Frederik